Explain XML patch submitted - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From raneyt@cecs.pdx.edu
Subject Explain XML patch submitted
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I just posted a patch addressing the TODO item:

"Allow EXPLAIN output to be more easily processed by scripts, perhaps XML"

This is a modified patch originally submitted by Germán Poó Caamaño
last year.  I added the DTD and some other tweaks.

I did *not* delve much into the ecpg code, other than mildly modifying
prepoc.y by adding the XML and DTD defines.  I'm sure more work is
required there.

And, I did not include "Init Plan" and "Sub Plan" in the XML output,
which did not fit into the XML in a graceful way.  But, that can also
be revisited.

Regards,

Tom Raney