Re: Postgres/PostgreSQL as a trademark? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Postgres/PostgreSQL as a trademark?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thursday 26 June 2008 17:13, Koichi Suzuki wrote:
> Som of an NTT member asked me if he has to state "PostgreSQL is a
> registered trademark of xxxx" as we do for Linux.   I'd like to no if
> I have to do so.

You do not need to do so.  Unless JPUG has registered it, PostgreSQL is not
a registered trademark in Japan.  You can ask them easier than I can.

Mind you, it would be a good idea for JPUG to register it.

BTW, great going on the synchronous standby code!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun