Re: "Release date" for aborted releases? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: "Release date" for aborted releases?
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Saturday 07 June 2008 13:02:57 Tom Lane wrote:
> I am wondering whether to leave the release note pages for 8.3.2, 8.2.8,
> etc saying "Release date: 2008-06-09", or to change them to something
> like "Never released".  Thoughts?

At the time, I didn't think anything of this, but was reading through the
8.2.x release notes yesterday and the above now feels like an inconsistency
with what was done with 8.2.2, which we gave an official release date,  and
the subsequent 8.2.3, which was released 2 days later. Now, I supposed 8.2.2
was further in the release process, but it was pretty much DOA as well.
Probably too late to do anything about this now, though I wonder, do we plan
to put 8.3.2 tarballs into the ftp-archives? We have 8.2.2 tarballs
available, though I can't imagine why anyone would need them.

--
Robert Treat