Re: alter + preserving dependencies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: alter + preserving dependencies
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le mercredi 07 mai 2008, Dimitri Fontaine a écrit :
> Ok, I've been quite bad at explaining the case, let's retry.

Thanks a lot to the OP on #postgresqlfr (nickname renchap), who is providing
attached test case, where you'll see how we hacked our way into
information_schema to have the insert rule insert DEFAULT instead of NULL.

Of course the OP loses here the option to error out on NULL input, but the
application is being ported from MySQL so he's not losing any feature here.

Regards,
--
dim

Attachment