UTF8 server & "ANSI"-Client: Which Driver? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Jan-Peter.Seifert@gmx.de
Subject UTF8 server & "ANSI"-Client: Which Driver?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

http://psqlodbc.projects.postgresql.org/faq.html#2.5

As the subject suggests I want to connect to a Unicode database with a Windows application that is not capable of
handlingUnicode yet. Should I use the Unicode version of the driver and set the client_encoding in the Advanced
Options,Page 2, connect settings for the data source in question?
Or is there a compatibility option in either of the two drivers? Or isn't this supported 'enough' yet? The database is
onlyto be filled with characters included in the chosen '1 byte' client encoding (most likely CP1252).

Thank you very much,

Peter