Re: 64-bit CommandIds - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: 64-bit CommandIds
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I think the case for it got a whole lot weaker in 8.3, with lazy
> > consumption of CIDs.
>
> Agreed.  Let's see if we get requests for it in >= 8.3 releases.

In the original submission message you find this text:

: attached is our patch against HEAD which enables extending CommandIds
: to 64-bit. This is for enabling long transactions that really do that
: much non-read-only work in one transaction.

Question for Hans-Juergen and Zoltan: have you tested 8.3 and do you
still see the need for this?