Debian etch, backport postgresql 8.3 experiences? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject Debian etch, backport postgresql 8.3 experiences?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone has experience in using postgresql 8.3 for
amd64.

How did you set up your apt config/source.list to just install the
minimum required to install 8.3 and php drivers?

Considering I'm not concerned of a "short" downtime and the DB is
pretty small what were your steps to safely upgrade on a production
box? (that mean I can just backup and restore and avoid more
complicated configurations involving slony).

Is there a way to prepare for a safe "roll back" to the previous
version? Does the backported package let you keep installed the
previous version?

etc...

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo