Re: WIP: psql default banner patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: WIP: psql default banner patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:56:49 -0400
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> > !             puts(_("\tTo view the copyright type
> > \\c . \n"));
>
> The copyright is show with \copyright, not \c.

Doh! I knew that. I will fix after the below discussion :)

> I think the warning should be two lines:
>
> WARNING: Server is version %d.%d, %s is version %d.%d.
> Some backslash commands may not work.

I tried that, I thought it looked weird. The single line fits within
the 80 character wrap point. Do we really want to create two lines?

> > +            printf(_("Type: help for help. \n"));
> > +
>
> Here you have a pointless extraneous space.

Not that I care but does it matter? I mean it is a space before a
newline.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake