Re: How to recovery data from folder data installation? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: How to recovery data from folder data installation?
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Ron Mayer wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > >
> > > What you mean here is of course that you should be using the same
> > > *major* version, but the latest available *minor* version.
> > >
> > > Other than that, it's correct - and the version numbers in the
> > > example is correct :-)
> >
> > If we want to stop people from being confused about this
> > terminology, we would need to make our definitions of these terms
> > more visible on the main web site.
> >
> > Many places talk about the "latest release" - but unfortunately
> > with differing definitions.  For example, "latest release" is
> >    defined as 8.3 in the english language FAQ;
>
> FAQ updated.

I would suggest that we don't keep the "latest version" information in
the FAQ at all, but instead just have a pointer to the homepage which
will always be updated. So we don't risk missing the update again.

//Magnus