Re: How to submit a patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: How to submit a patch
Date
Re: How to submit a patch  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:59:50 -0400
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> If you posted it last month then it was too late for the commit-fest
> that started on March 1, IIRC, so the fact that you didn't get
> feedback is hardly surprising - a commit-fest is like a
> mini-feature-freeze.

O.k. then what happens at that point? It wasn't in the queue for May (I
had to add it)

> As for the rest, we are still feeling our way a bit, as should have
> been apparent from the list emails, so formal documentation is
> probably premature.

I assumed the docs would be subject to change but "something" that
gives one off and not often patch submitters a clue is probably useful.
It also allows us to actually discuss a pattern of behavior we are
starting versus bouncing through 50 threads trying to figure out what's
next.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake