Re: pg_terminate_backend() issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_terminate_backend() issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm willing to enable a SIGTERM-based pg_terminate_backend for 8.4
> if there is some reasonable amount of testing done during this
> development cycle to try to expose any problems.  If no one is willing
> to do any such testing, then as far as I'm concerned there is no
> market for the feature and we should drop it from TODO.

If someone can come up with an automated script to do this kind of
testing, I can commit a VM or three to running this 24/7 for a month,
easily... But I don't trust myself in coming up with a test-case that's
good enough :-P

//Magnus