Re: pulling libpqtypes from queue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pulling libpqtypes from queue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Andrew Chernow escribi?:
> >
> > This patch has been lingering around since Aug 2007.  It has matured a
> > lot and now calls libpq home.  Unfortunately, ISTM that there is limited
> > support for our proposal.  We either pitched to the wrong crowd or
> > pqtypes doesn't have the mass appeal we expected.  With that said, we
> > are considering shopping this elsewhere ... ie. pgfoundry.
>
> I expect you intend to get at least the hooks in, right?

No, I don't think so based on what he said.  Even to add the hooks to
libpq we would need to have more community demand than we have seen,
which I think is what he is alluding to in his email.

I think they have come upon the right answer, and that is to develop a
version on pgfoundry and see if they can get user demand for a more
invasive addition to our core code at some point in the future.

http://enterprisedb.com