Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:12:59 +0100
Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> I assume you realize it's not that I don't appreciate having you
> doing all this work but I think it would be a good exercise for us to
> go through do once. (And you certainly deserve a break!)

Although I applaud the sentiment I think a more reasonable approach
would be (if Tom wanted) to have Tom pick 3-5 patches (or whatever) that
are his deal. That's it. No extra bubble activities for you. Except for
Buddha level oversight the rest falls on the rest of the community.

It isn't like we don't have at least 6 major contributors that can do
patch review... Alvaro, Greg, Neil, AndrewD, Heikki, and Magnus ... Not
to mention a slew of others who can at least lend a hand.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake