Re: Commit fest queue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Commit fest queue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:23:20 -0400 (EDT)
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> Brendan Jurd wrote:
> > I'm not saying Bruce is doing a bad job, far from it.  I'm saying
> > the job is impossible.
> >
> > I just wanted to correct the apparent impression that "patches don't
> > get ignored here".  Patches get ignored.  The difference between us
> > and Apache is we pretend it doesn't happen and don't suggest to
> > submitters what action to take when it does.  Which puts Apache
> > ahead of us IMO.
>
> The apache group seems to say the patches are indeed ignored, rather
> then just delayed --- for us, every patch does get a reply, however
> delayed.

Bruce, I think that this comes back to the perception versus reality
discussion you and I have had on more than one occasion :). You are
correct that we always, eventually reply but, until we do (especially
when it takes a long time) it appears as if people are being ignored.

I think a FAQ entry may actually be appropriate in this case.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit