Re: Commit fest queue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Commit fest queue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 00:28:35 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > Tom lane said over on the concurrent psql thread:
> >> If we do split them then there is going to be some added effort to
> >> maintain the commit fest queue.
>
> > What exactly are we talking about here? It sounds to me as if my
> > tracman email with modification might work for this. If not, o.k.
> > but it seems to fit.
>
> This isn't really about tools.  It's about who wants to put in the
> day-after-day, year-after-year drudge work to maintain the queue.
> Whoever wants to do the work can pick their tools...

So you are saying, only one person should do this versus a team of
individuals? That doesn't seem sustainable. Maybe I am misunderstanding
what the root of the problem is and most likely what the requirements
are but either way, there is a tool involved, even if it is vi.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit