Re: Feature freeze status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Feature freeze status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> > Just throwing out a crazy idea. What if we had a commitfest as
> > scheduled at the start of May but made it a Tom-free commitfest.
> > Specifically to try to organize a larger work-force rather than to
> > leave it all on Tom's shoulders. Not that your efforts aren't
> > appreciated but surely you wouldn't mind a break?
>
> It certainly did seem that Bruce and I were the only ones doing any
> very serious amount of work for this fest.  That's not sustainable,
> folks.

Agreed. The main reason I didn't manage to do much, if any, reviewing
this time is that everytime I started I had to browse through a
bazillion emails trying to find what to do. By the time I was through
that and had written a comment or two, I had no more time to work on
reviews right then. Next time I got started, I got stuck in the same
cycle. (and yes, that's generally because I haven't had much time to
look at these things at all during this commit-fest).

I know that blaming the tools is just an easy escape and sucks as an
excuse. But I just didn't have the time to work out a way to workaround
the limits of these tools to make it possible for me to get this done.
The new version of the patch queue that's up now seems a lot more
usable than it used to be, but it used to be really horrible :-P

I still plan to do the win32 patch that's listed with my name, BTW.
Just need to get my build environments properly sorted out.

//Magnus