Re: Who's approving Events? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Who's approving Events?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Friday 04 April 2008 03:58, Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 12:17 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I was just approving Selena's event posting, and noticed that we have a
> > bunch of events which have not been reviewed since before I went on
> > vacation -- including a talk by Bruce which came and went without the
> > Event listing ever getting approved!  Then I noticed that I've stopped
> > getting "slaves" notifications.
> >
> > What's going on?
>
> In a nutshell, most of the people on -slaves don't moderate any more.
> I've broought this up before but got a less than enthusiastic response
> - we need people to take ownership of each specific area and ensure
> that moderation happens, or that in their absence someone takes over.
> I look after the mirrors in that way already and it works well, but
> I'm not prepared to take on all areas myself.

The main reason I don't do it as much anymore is that I keep getting
unsubscribed from -slaves, I think due to sourcforge sending back too many
messages as spam/bounces. If there was some way to force majordomo to never
unsubecribe me from such a list, I think it would help (note I'm guessing
that may have been Josh's problem above).  Short of that, things might get
better once we stop directing nagios to -slaves.

--
Robert Treat