Re: Mailing list lists - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Mailing list lists
Date
List pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:39:04 +0100
> "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>
> > We seem to have at least 2 lists of mailing lists, which are out of
> > sync:
> >
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/
> > http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/
> >
> > Should we just redirect the latter to the former?
> >
> > The archives list looks a little out of date as well - there only
> > seem to be 3 pugs listed for example. Can someone fix that please?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> This is actually an open thread dave :P. I brought this up before
> EAST. My thought was to modify the main .Org site to be the
> authoritative reference and have the front page of archives point
> there.

I believe that is the current idea, yes. AFAIK, it's currently sitting
on Alvaros table.... :-P

The data is in a database these days. Alvaro was going to modify the
archives pages to pull it's data from the database, and to somehow warn
us if it goes out of sync with majordomo wrt which lists exists (since
it can also see the raw majordomo data).

//Magnus