Re: modules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: modules
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu,  3 Apr 2008 13:54:11 -0000
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:
> Right now contrib is a real catch-all of various things; it would be nice to
> categorize them somehow. And by categorize, I emphatically do NOT mean
> move to pgfoundry, which is pretty much a kiss of death.

Yes!  I have plenty of FTP servers to put up my own open source
projects.  It would annoy me if I was forced to use someone else's
development environment.  Whatever we do should allow for packages to
be picked up from anywhere.  We can use MD5 checksums to assure users
that no one has changed the file since it was tested and packaged.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves