Re: varadic patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: varadic patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian escribi??:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > > Upon verifying this I noticed that you broke all the permanent links the
> > > other day, thus rendering both commitfest wiki pages useless -- just
> > > fixed them.  It would be nice that if you promise things to be
> > > permanent, they are really permanent.  Otherwise they are no better than
> > > the other urls with message numbers.
> >
> > Can you give me an example of a link that changed?  They shouldn't.
>
> They used to be
> http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/162867790801260650t32ab221t5d6aac36643bac50@mail.gmail.com.html
>
> but now are
> http://momjian.us/mhonarc/message-id/162867790801260650t32ab221t5d6aac36643bac50@mail.gmail.com.html

Oh, OK, the first one was my _old_ permanent version that is permanent
while messages are added/removed, but obviously not permanent for
mailbox movement.  The new permanent ones are permanent against mailbox
movement, and in fact the comments and thread merging also travels with
the email.

http://enterprisedb.com