Re: Connection to PostgreSQL Using Certificate: Wrong Permissions on Private Key File - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Hunter
Subject Re: Connection to PostgreSQL Using Certificate: Wrong Permissions on Private Key File
Date
List pgsql-general
At 3:50p -0400 on Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: private key file
>> "/var/www/.postgresql/postgresql.key" has wrong permissions
>
> The code appears to want 700 and ownership equal to that of the
> process executing libpq, ie, the apache server.

I just checked the 8.3 documentation and didn't see any mention of
the private key file requirements.  Modulo the fact that I don't know
the docs /that/ well, would a HINT be helpful here?  Or a pointer to
the correct doc section?

Kevin