Re: Auto Partitioning Patch - WIP version 1 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Auto Partitioning Patch - WIP version 1
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian escribió:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > My point is that you should only _add_ Message-Ids, not remove them.
> > You can move the messages from one queue to the other to your heart's
> > content, but the Message-Id URL should continue to work with no changes.
>
> Well, when an email is applied, it is deleted.  How do I update the
> message-id for that in an automated manner.  Right now a rebuild deleted
> all the links and recreates them.

Well, remove the part that deletes links, and keep the part that
creates links.  That way, links that used to work continue working.

I am assuming you use hard links -- obviously this doesn't work with
symlinks.  (My script creates hard links.)

> > after the name of the poster, so that it would be visible on the index
> > page and the user didn't have to open the page to get it.
>
> We can do that if people want.  I used to show the message id on the
> thread page but several felt it was too cluttered-looking.

Well, it would have helped me.  I suggested "permalink" as text because
it is less clutter than the full Message-Id.  Besides, the Message-Id by
itself is useless, whereas a link is useful.