Re: PostgreSQL Replication with read-only access to standby DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Replication with read-only access to standby DB
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 01:03:34AM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:

> against.  People who are using the current warm-standby code are already
> grappling with issues like how to coordinate master/slave failover
> (including my second favorite acronym, STONITH for "shoot the other node
> in the head").  I don't expect handling that sort of thing will ever be
> integrated into the PostgreSQL database core.

Note that most other database products don't integrate it in their core
either.  They package separate tools for it, and sell it as a single system,
but you can often buy the separate tools independently.  Oracle's RAC is an
exception, but it also works completely differently than any of this.