Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Hunter
Subject Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)
Date
List pgsql-general
At 10:25a -0400 on Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Zdeněk Kotala wrote:
> And after long discussion on patches and hackers list we have made a
> decision than we need input from wide audience. This is a reason why
> I prepare following surveys.

1. b
2. b
3. b (but whichever, just be consistent)
4. b & c

I don't care, really.  The value of pg_* is that it'd obvious it's
Postgres related, it'd be consistent with at least two other APIs I
already know, it'd be easy for noobs to find with "pg_<tab><tab>", and
leaves room in a cooperative sense with other DBs that might eventually
want to do something similar.

That said I'm with Sam Mason: it's a wash if I use SQL or them.
However, they're very nice for beginners, and getting beginners to
start with a project is 3/4ths the battle in'nit?

Kevin