Re: New email list for emergency communications - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: New email list for emergency communications
Date
Re: New email list for emergency communications
List pgsql-www
Robert Treat wrote:
> > Try to communicate that you are working on a specific problem. One
> > possible solution: a status page, was already mentioned earlier.
> >

> I have a couple of thoughts wrt this. AUIU we're using nagios, it should be
> possible to set up sysadmins and bruce with nagios accounts so we can login
> and view the pretty colors that explain what is up or down.

Yes, Magnus has already set me up with a nagio account.

> Second, as I think about it, I think the only member of our sysadmin team who
> has ops on IRC is Joshua. Perhaps we should see about having a number of us
> get ops so we can post notices there. It won't reach everyone, but would hit
> a large % of people, and the network is completly seperate in all ways from
> the postgresql.org infrastructure.

I have IRC ops too.  But I am really looking for something that notifies
me that there is a problem, rather than having me go looking for
information.  If email is down, people should be able to subscribe to
alerts and status reports.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com