Re: tabs in psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: tabs in psql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:01:28 -0500
Seb <spluque@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Joshua, that is the problem I wanted to illustrate; i.e.
> whenever a tab separates the field name from the data type spec, the
> tab character gets swallowed and psql cannot parse correctly.  So it
> seems tabs are not interpreted as simple white space, and it should
> not be used in this case, am I right?

Actually that would make sense as psql supports tab complete so if the
terminal interprets a tab, it isn't going to treat it as spaces. I
would suggest changing your editor to treat tabs as 4 spaces.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Attachment