Re: Re: pgsql: Add URLs for : * Speed WAL recovery by allowing more than one - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: pgsql: Add URLs for : * Speed WAL recovery by allowing more than one
Date
List pgsql-committers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>
> > In any case, all I've said here is that we shouldn't put a specific
> > approach into the TODO. Just state the problem.
>
> Agreed.  Perhaps the idea stated so far can be listed as possible
> alternatives to solving the problem, but they shouldn't be the main body
> of the TODO item.

We have specific solutions all over the TODO list.  The minimally agreed
approach is multi-page fetching.  If we can get general agreement that
we should do recovery in multiple streams, it will also be added to the
TODO list.