Re: How to choose a disc array for Postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: How to choose a disc array for Postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 23:37:37 -0800
"Steve Poe" <steve.poe@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am moving our small business application
> database application supporting
> a 24/7 animal hospital to use 8.0.15 from
> 7.4.19 (it will not support 8.1, 8.2. or 8.3).
>
> Now, we can choose a new a disc array. SATA
> seems cheaper and you can get more discs but
> I want to stay with SCSI.  Any good reasons to
> choose SATA over SCSI?

Sata is great if you need lots of space. SCSI/SAS is better if you want
lots of performance from a lesser amount of spindles.

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Attachment