Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard
Date
List pgsql-patches
Robert Lor wrote:
> Please find the patch attached per this thread
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-02/msg00912.php

Another thing that is concerning me about this new approach is the way the
probes are named.  For example, we'd now have a call

POSTGRESQL_LWLOCK_ACQUIRE()

in the code.  This does not say we are *tracing* lock aquisition, but it looks
like a macro that actually acquires a lock.

I understand that these probe names follow some global naming scheme.  Is it
hard to change that?  I'd feel more comfortable with, say,
(D)TRACE_POSTGRESQL_LWLOCK_ACQUIRE().

Comments?