CORRECTION to msg 'loading same instance of dump to two different servers simultaneously' - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Susan Russo
Subject CORRECTION to msg 'loading same instance of dump to two different servers simultaneously'
Date
List pgsql-admin
SORRY -

these are the commands (i.e. pgserver-A  and pgserver-B)

======

Hi -
I'm wondering if anyone has had success doing a simultaneous
load of one Pg dump to two different servers?  The load command
is actually run from two different workstations, but reading the
same pgdump-file.

We use this command from the command line (Solaris-10 OS):

uncompress -c pgdump-filename.Z | psql -h pgserver-A  pg-dbname

and, likewise wonder if we can run the same command on another
workstation, but reading the SAME 'pgdump-filename.Z'
to load onto ANOTHER server ('pgserver-B'), i.e.:

uncompress -c pgdump-filename.Z | psql -h pgserver-B pg-dbname

=====