Re: Mac ordering with locales - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Mac ordering with locales
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:14:58AM -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I have looked for a standard related to the locale behavior and I was
> surprised that I couldn't find one. Is a given locale, e.g. en_US,
> supposed to have identical behavior on any platform for which it's
> available?
>
> If there is a standard of some kind, is apple violating it?

Nope. If there were we could complain about it. All we have now is many
different implementations. The most commonly used ones are Java, ICU,
glibc and Windows. AIUI all except Windows understand the xx_XX format.
Java and ICU are essentially the same.

I found a note that both Perl6 and PHP6 may use ICU. That would be an
interesting change.

Have a nice day,
> Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
>  -- John F Kennedy

Attachment