Re: Stable Release? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Stable Release?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Carol Walter wrote:

> A colleague told me that the latest stable release of PostgreSQL is
> 8.1.x.  I thought it was 8.2.4.  What is the latest stable release?  I
> thought there was a problem with autovacuum in the earlier releases.  Can
> anyone comment?

The sole reason we released 8.2.6 and 8.1.11 was to fix bugs found in
8.2.5 and 8.1.10, which had fixes for bugs in the earlier releases, and
so on.  If you are not on one of the latest releases, you are running a
version with known bugs.

8.1.6 in particular fixed a nasty autovac bug, which is not present on
any 8.2.