Re: Permanent settings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: Permanent settings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> [080221 04:30]:

> > I would have thought that any "larger enterprise" was familiar with
> > these approaches, and are probably using them already to
> > manage/configure there general unix environments

> What makes you think that all environments are unix environments? MOst
> large enterprises have multiple operating systems to manage.

Well, I guess I've been lucky so far ;-)

> Do you know of any cross-platform tool that is capable of dealing with the
> PostgreSQL configuration file in a context sensitive manner? Meaning that
> it doesn't just treat it as a big file, but you can actually do "for all
> these 32 servers, change work_mem to 2Mb"? If so, I'd like to know which
> one beause I could *raelly* use that one right now.

perl (cpp at one point), git (recently, I fought with CVS previously),
and ssh have worked for me.

Again, I guess I've been lucky so far.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,