Re: Analogue to SQL Server UniqueIdentifier? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Analogue to SQL Server UniqueIdentifier?
Date
List pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > Why can't ossp be used --- is it impossible to port to Windows?
>
> I haven't looked into the details - it's possible that it could be
> portable to Windows. But that would a Yet Another Dependency to be bale
> to build and run pg... So I'd like to avoid it if possible.

I think it's messy enough to port that it would make sense to create a
separate Windows library with the same interface.

The problem I see with porting it is that the author crammed too many
things in the same package, and we don't have any interest in porting
most of the stuff only to get something that we can get more easily by
hooking into Windows native calls.