Re: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:37:39 -0800
"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> I didn't, but do now and am testing. The way this is currently
> designed is:
>
> /data1 (8 disks RAID 10)
> /data2 (8 disks RAID 10)
> /pg_xlogs (2 disks RAID 1)
>
> /data1 is what is primarily written against for the first couple of
> hours and then it will switch to data2 because of table spaces.
> However either way, we should expect (I would think) to see at least
> 100 megs a second on an 8 Disk RAID 10. It is SCSI.

Following up with this... 22G in one hour, with xlogs on a different
partition. Just looking at we are averaging 3-5% IOWait, further we are
only writing ~ 2Megs a second.

This is frustrating.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit