BUG #3939: (Possibly) no NLS in 8.3 Windows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gevik Babakhani
Subject BUG #3939: (Possibly) no NLS in 8.3 Windows
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3939
Logged by:          Gevik Babakhani
Email address:      pgdev@xs4all.nl
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   Windows XP 32bit
Details:

When installing 8.3 on Windows (XP) with NLS option selected, I noticed
there are no share/locale files installed.

This is perhaps because of a bug I reported to Magnus. (I also provided a
possible fix)

When exploring the File Table of the 8.3 MSI with Orca, I noticed there are
no records for locale files compared to 8.2.6 MSI.

The 8.3 MSI is about 7MB smaller is size than 8.2.6 MSI, which is a about
the total size of locale files that are missing.