Re: Benchmark Data requested --- pgloader CE design ideas - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Benchmark Data requested --- pgloader CE design ideas
Date
List pgsql-performance
Le Wednesday 06 February 2008 18:49:56 Luke Lonergan, vous avez écrit :
> Improvements are welcome, but to compete in the industry, loading will need
> to speed up by a factor of 100.

Oh, I meant to compete with internal COPY command instead of \copy one, not
with the competition. AIUI competing with competition will need some
PostgreSQL internal improvements, which I'll let the -hackers do :)

> Note that Bizgres loader already does many of these ideas and it sounds
> like pgloader does too.

We're talking about how to improve pgloader :)

--
dim

Attachment