Autoconf 2.61 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Autoconf 2.61
Date
List pgsql-hackers
When PostgreSQL 8.4 development opens, I would like to upgrade to Autoconf
2.61.  This has been out for over a year now, and many developers will
probably find it to be available through their operating system distributor
already.  If not, consider installing it sometime if you plan to modify the
relevant source files. (ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/)

This update will give us a few enhancements and simplifications and also
potential for some performance improvements for configure runs.  Most
notably, the set of available directory options in configure has caught up
with reality, allowing us to drop a few unpleasant hacks.  For
example, --docdir and --html are available now.  To clean this up further, I
have removed the --without-docdir option.  I didn't see any packagers using
that, and the new set of options should work reasonably for everyone.

Current patch/log is attached.

--
Peter Eisentraut