Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?
Date
List pgsql-general
Am Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2008 schrieb Raymond O'Donnell:
> Isn't this the idea of the interactive online docs? People can add stuff
> they find useful for others.

Well, not really, for better or worse.  Each release, we take the comments and
either fold them into the main documentation or delete them.  So
the "interactive" feature is more of an easier way to submit additions or
corrections; it is not meant to add a user-edited extra dimension to the
documentation material.

The well-hidden techdocs section of the web site is supposed to allow users to
submit tips, articles, and the like, but I'm not sure how accessible that is.

--
Peter Eisentraut