Re: how to create a limited user - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: how to create a limited user
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 03:49:55PM -0800, Guillermo Arias wrote:
> Hi, i have a question:
>
> I have a database and i want to create a administrator user with total
> control and another that only could make queries and could not see nor
> modify the functions.
>
> The reason is that in the database that i will distribute are the
> functions with a big part of the software logics and i do not want
> these to be seen by my customers.

basically - you're out of luck. as long as you use pl/pgsql source is in
pg_catalog, and everybody can read it.
you might use another languages (like pl/perlu, or even c) and put the
code outside of sql access.

depesz

--
quicksil1er: "postgres is excellent, but like any DB it requires a
highly paid DBA.  here's my CV!" :)