Re: [CORE] Egad, what a lot of spammage - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [CORE] Egad, what a lot of spammage
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 10:47:32AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> Do we have any statistics of how many *legitimate* posts actually come
> >> thruogh that way? That aren't spam of any kind?
>
> There are quite a number of regular contributors who prefer to read the
> lists via usenet.  We can't just permanently shut down that link; I only
> suggested it as a temporary measure until this spam attack could be
> brought under control.

Well, you could still read it there, provided the user agent supported
posting through email instead.

(No, I have no idea if that's possible, just threw the question out. If
people use it, we shuold certainly not just take it away)

//Magnus