BUG #3868: Unattended install fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jan Arne Hansen
Subject BUG #3868: Unattended install fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3868
Logged by:          Jan Arne Hansen
Email address:      pederzent@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.6
Operating system:   Windows Vista
Details:

mkdir c:\postgres
msiexec /i postgresql-8.2-int.msi  /qr INTERNALLAUNCH=1 DOSERVICE=0
ADDLOCAL=server,psql,binfiles,jdbc,psqlodbc SUPERPASSWORD="sitt0"
BASEDIR="c:\postgres" /L* log.txt

I am not able to install PostgreSQL as a service. The user is not created.
XP is ok, Vista is not. This example fails as well, even when I am not
installing the service.

Please advise.