Re: 8.3.0 release schedule (Was:Re: [BUGS] BUG #3852: Could not create complex aggregate) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Darcy Buskermolen
Subject Re: 8.3.0 release schedule (Was:Re: [BUGS] BUG #3852: Could not create complex aggregate)
Date
Re: 8.3.0 release schedule (Was:Re: [BUGS] BUG #3852: Could not create complex aggregate)  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 07 January 2008 16:06:27 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 17:12 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > > if no serious bugs come up this week, core is thinking of wrapping
> > > 8.3.0 at the end of the week,
> >
> > Please give the packagers and other people one more week break between
> > two releases. We all had a busy weekend.
>
> We have thousands of people waiting for the 8.3 release.  It seems odd
> to hold up 8.3 because the packagers are too busy.  Perhaps we need more
> packagers or release the source and have the binary packages ready later.

Also to be fair I've seen no real announcement of RC1, probabbly because it's
been bundled in with "security releases" for the other branched.. can we
maybe do an RC1 announcement, let people actually test the RC before we push
a gold ?

--
Darcy Buskermolen
Command Prompt, Inc.