Re: Spoofing as the postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Spoofing as the postmaster
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 12:40:24PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> We already *do* allow the DBA to choose this, no? If you put the root
> certificate on the client, it *will* verify the server cert, and it
> *will* refuse to connect to a server that can't present a trusted root cert.

I think Tom's point is that we don't allow this for connections over a
Unix Domain socket. And thus we should remove the asymmetry so the
verification can work for them also.

Personally I quite liked the idea of having a serveruser=foo which is
checked by getting the peer credentials. Very low cost, quick setup
solution.

Have a nice day,