Re: strange message for moderation: weird list aliases?? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: strange message for moderation: weird list aliases??
Date
List pgsql-www
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 09:49:38AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >
> > From: pgsql-patches-postgresql.org@localhost.postgresql.org
> > To: "pgsql-patches-postgresql.org@localhost.postgresql.org"
>
> This is the thing I was complaining about recently.  I thought we'd agreed
> to drop on the floor all messages _to_ the list that appear to come _from_
> the list.  No?

Not exactly the same problem, though I absolutely agree with you.

The problem I'm reporting is closely related: you will note that the
username part contains an extra -postgresql.org so it's not exactly the
list's "from" address.  In my opinion what should have happened was that
this message, instead of attempting delivery to the list, should have
been dropped on the floor with a reject message of "no such user here"
or some such.

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"The Gord often wonders why people threaten never to come back after they've