Re: Beta4 patch for index.html and beta.html - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Beta4 patch for index.html and beta.html
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tuesday 04 December 2007 15:07, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 21:03 +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> > > Committed (changed "will be at least one more beta" part to "may be
> >
> > at
> >
> > > least...")
> >
> > is that actually the plan - ie having beta5 ?
>
> I don't know core's plan -- and what testing results will be. That's why
> I changed the text from "will be" to "may be".

Unfortunatly this mixes the very definitive "due to issues your testing
caught" with something completly speculative "there may be", which lends the
whole thing to being somewhat akwardly worded, especially when you consider
it phrased that way before any beta4 issues are caught.  If you really want
to leave a door open, rephrase it like "Depending on the level of bugs
reported, there may be an additional beta before RC1".  If you want it to be
a very narrow door, word it like "This will be the last beta before RC1
pending any critical bugs found in user testing". Personally I'd probably
just drop this sentence alltogether.

--
Robert Treat