Re: PL/pgSQL and SETOF - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL and SETOF
Date
List pgsql-general
Pavel Stehule escribió:
> On 30/11/2007, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> > Pavel Stehule escribió:

> > > no. Your simplest version is historic relict and is available only in
> > > sql language. I am not sure, maybe in C language too.
> >
> > But isn't the case that on 8.3 you would be able to rewrite it more
> > easily using RETURN QUERY?
>
> yes. sure. But it is different question than call SRF function in
> normal context.

Hmm, you are misunderstanding Cultural or I am.  I think his verbosity
comment is not about the way the function is called, but rather about
the function body itself.

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 18.1", W 73º 13' 56.4"
"Before you were born your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They