Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> - --On Thursday, November 29, 2007 13:53:06 +0100 Magnus Hagander
> <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> > That one may be, but it's not like it's a *new* concept that you shouldn't
> > have end-users connecting and sending email on port 25...
>
> Is anyone arguing that?  I always connect / send on port 25 ...

The IETF is.  What they are saying is that you are helping the spammers
by not using 587.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"That sort of implies that there are Emacs keystrokes which aren't obscure.