Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 03:33:33PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Not practical.  When I'm on the road (about 150 days a year) hotels and
> cafe wireless often block port 25 and 143.  So I absolutely have to use a

But they're mostly not blocking port 587, which is where mail is supposed to
be submitted to.  And if they _are_ blocking it, then they need to be hit
with a cluestick.

> direct SMTP.

Nobody should be using "direct SMTP" as such in this day and age.  That's
what the submission port is for.

Andrew Sullivan
Old sigs will return after re-constitution of blue smoke