Re: Time to update list of contributors - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Time to update list of contributors
Date
Re: Time to update list of contributors
List pgsql-www
WWW,

> > Yeah, I assembled that list for FOSS.In.  In some countries, like
> > India and Brazil, there's the perception that you have to be American
> > to be an OSS contributor.  I'm trying to show people otherwise.
>
> Weird... considering how many of our contributors are not in the US.

Could we consider putting countries in the Contributors list at some point?  I
think it would encourage more people from outside the US to become
contributors.  Currently the project is imbalanced, with 2/3 of our users
outside the US (or more) and 1/2 our contributors inside the US.  A lot of
that has to do with employers, of course, but we should give all the
encouragement we can.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun